Who says you can’t do anything on Echo Park, Silver Lake, Los Feliz, or anywhere else in Los Angeles for free? If your answer is yes, we’ll prove you wrong. Courtesy of L.A. Weekly’s Best of L.A., here’s a list of the things you can do here without spending a buck.
30. Admire artwork with celebrities at Subliminal Projects
29. Watch free Improv shows at The Clubhouse
28. Hike at the Musch Trail in Topanga Canyon State Park
27. Go to The Brewery Artist Loft and join the biannual Brewery Art Walk
26. Visit Little Tokyo during their Tuesday Night Cafe and enjoy free performances
25. Listen to renowned authors as they read their work at Hammer Readings
24. Dance your heart out as Glen Roberts Big Band play swing.
23. Visit the controversial America Tropical.
22. Climb the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook
21. Pay respect to Jazz legends in their resting place at Inglewood Park Cemetery
20. Imagine wearing the famous costumes displayed at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
19. Stroll along the ruins of the Old Los Angeles Zoo at Griffith Park
18. Enjoy free drinks and music at Sonos Studios
17. Ride a bike along Metro Orange Line Bike Path
16. Travel back to 1917 Spanish colonial era by walking along Ojai Valley Trail
15. Visit the Murphy Ranch, a 1930’s Nazi compound
Read the rest of L.A. Weekly’s list here: 30 Free Things to Do in L.A. Any Time